Soon it will be time to make Seville Orange Marmalade and I cannot wait. This year I plan on doing some experimentation on my usual recipe. The photo above is of a toast breakfast with fig and cherimoya from last year and also holds a clue to the intended experimentation. Until I get my hands on some Seville oranges I will be daydreaming and doodling as shown below.
Any excuse to make meringue. They also conveniently make great little holders for Smy Goodness preserves and more. Clockwise from top left are:
- Lemon curd with candied lemon peel, cream and fresh raspberries
- Fresh mango circles marinated in Seville orange marmalade and cardamom topped with toasted pistachios and cream
- Black cherry & black pepper compote with almonds and cream
- Strawberry & balsamic vinegar compote with almonds, fresh strawberrries and cream
- Passionfruit jam topped with toasted macadamia nuts and cream.
I love eating and making meringues all year round including boozy Christmas-y toppings like winter berries stewed in cherry brandy made in the summer. The meringues can be made as individual servings, as large centre pieces or as bite size portions with different toppings.
- Roast chicken
- Roast duck
- Six-pepper jelly
- Black cherry & black pepper compote
- Apple and pepper chutney
- Pumpkin & pomengranite chutney
- Plum gumbo
- Seville orange marmalade
- Homemade bread, ciabatta and baguette
- Pickled beetroot
- Pickled cabbage
- Vegetable Juice
- Red Leicester