Any excuse to make meringue. They also conveniently make great little holders for Smy Goodness preserves and more. Clockwise from top left are:
- Lemon curd with candied lemon peel, cream and fresh raspberries
- Fresh mango circles marinated in Seville orange marmalade and cardamom topped with toasted pistachios and cream
- Black cherry & black pepper compote with almonds and cream
- Strawberry & balsamic vinegar compote with almonds, fresh strawberrries and cream
- Passionfruit jam topped with toasted macadamia nuts and cream.
I love eating and making meringues all year round including boozy Christmas-y toppings like winter berries stewed in cherry brandy made in the summer. The meringues can be made as individual servings, as large centre pieces or as bite size portions with different toppings.