The bananas above needed using up so I whipped together another recipe for muffins where the sugar was replaced with a Smy Goodness compote, in this case Smy Goodness apricots compote. The compote adds moistness and flavour to the muffins without them being overly sweet.
Banana & Apricot Compote Muffins Recipe
- 100g organic spelt flour
- 100g organic plain flour
- 100g organic butter
- 275ml apricot compote (or any flavour jam/compote)
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp organic vanilla
- preheat the oven to 210°C and lightly grease a muffin tray.
- Mix and blend the butter, compote, bananas, egg and vanilla.
- Sift and flours and baking powder together.
- Fold the sifted flour and baking powder into the blended wet ingredients a bit at a time until completely blended together.
- Add a heaped tablespoon of the mixture into cases or muffin tray and then go back and add a bit of the mixture to each muffin case or tray until they are as equal as possible. The recipe will make 12-14 muffins.