Participants use fabric paints, sequins, beads, ribbons, stamps, appliques and more to create one-of-a-kind t-shirts of their own design and making. Students report that they find the courses a creative outlet that is also relaxing and are proud of their individual creations that they wear themselves or give as gifts to family and friends. Past T-shirt courses have involved groups creating a t-shirt to represent their group club, team, etc. There is also scope for the students to sell their creations on-line and/or in markets to raise money for themselves and/or charity.
Potential Learning Outcomes:
- Use common units of measure, convert between related units of the metric system and carry out calculations. (Numeracy)
- Explore numbers, understand quantities and use them to count, create sequences and describe order. (Numeracy)
- Develop listening, watching and understanding skills from tutor and resources. (Literacy)
- Use search facilities of electronic sources to access and retrieve information. (ICT)
- Take photographs or recording sound and images to represent my experiences and the world around me. (ICT)
- Explore and use technologies to communicate with others, i.e.- social media/blogs/on-line shop. (ICT)
- Discover how t-shirts are important culturally and in fashion.
- Identify the different ways that t-shirts are used.
- Develop ideas and designs for customised t-shirts.
- Define, discuss and use different decorations and techniques to customise t-shirts.
- 1/2 day course with participants creating one t-shirt
- 1 day course with participants creating one - two t-shirts
- 2 hour course over four weeks with participants creating one - two t-shirts
- 2 hour course over six weeks with participants creating two - three t-shirts
- Please note that the above courses give a rough idea of course length but can be tailored to suit any length of time, class size and/or budget.