0 - 1.00:
1.00 - 9.35:
Gooseberry history, etymology, pairings, Egton Bridge Gooseberry and world’s biggest gooseberry, banned in the USA, Enclosures Act
9.35 - 14.20
Still life paintings by Dutch artist Adriaen Coorte, landscape painting by British artist Isabel Naftel, contemporary painting by Indigenous Australian artist Kerry Madawyn McCarthy
Intro to Jimmy’s Festival
16.30 - 23.30
Snippets from my food demo at Jimmy’s Festival hosted by Joe Hurd (Instagram) & Hardeep Singh Kohli (Instagram)
23.30 - 25.11
Closing, thanks & cheesy jingle
Pics of Paintings, Festival & Recipes below:
I was thrilled to be invited to do a demonstration at the 2018 Jimmy's Festival in Ipswich at Jimmy's Farm. At Jimmy's Farm all year round you will find a working farm, wildlife park, adventure play, shops, gardens, a restaurant, a farm shop and butchery. For Jimmy's Festival, it's all of the above and amped up some more for their annual celebration of music & food on the Farm on 21st & 22nd July, 2018! My food demo was hosted by TV Presenter Joe Hurd who did such a fabulous job all festival and Hardeep Singh Kohli who was also giving one of his brilliant food demonstrations.
More on the festival in a bit, for now here are some of the images relating to the history and art of gooseberries from of the podcast.
500 g gooseberries* - topped and tailed
1 oranges - retain the zest and juice
2 lemon - retain the zest and juice
100g sultanas - roughly chopped
100g walnut - roughly chopped
*all of the above can be adjusted to taste
*or plums can be substituted for gooseberries
1. Put the gooseberries, citrus rinds and juices, sugar, walnuts and sultanas in a heavy pan.
2. Cook on medium-high heat for about 30 min or until the mixture is thick and the gooseberries are cooked and soft.
3. Continue simmering for another 10 minutes until the mixture is very thick.
4. Place in sterilised jars and lid.
5. Will keep for 6 months, best eaten within 3 months.
- May 31, 2019 Ep29 - Lobster Tails, Lobster Rolls and Lobster Tales with Lobsterman Greg Weeks May 31, 2019
- Mar 28, 2019 Ep28 - Mastic, Mastiha, Mummies and Massage with Aristea Zougri of Althea Massage Therapy and Yoga Mar 28, 2019
- Mar 7, 2019 Ep27 - Feed A Lady Marmalade - Voulez-vous écouter avec moi ce soir Mar 7, 2019
- Nov 29, 2018 Ep26 - Octopus, Polpo, Pulpo, Tako: Takoyaki - My Delicious Dilemma Nov 29, 2018
- Oct 15, 2018 Ep25 - Gooseberries and Gooseberry Gumbo at Jimmy's Festival on Jimmy's Farm Oct 15, 2018
- Jun 26, 2018 Ep24 - Fiori di Zucca with Orso Tosco, author of Aspettando I Naufraghi Jun 26, 2018
- May 23, 2018 Ep23 - A Rhubarb of a Pickle of a Jam May 23, 2018
- Dec 31, 2017 Ep22 - From Christmas to New Year's Eve - Champagne, Prosecco and Cava Dec 31, 2017
- Dec 30, 2017 Ep21 - Christmas Chocolates - Twelve Foods of Christmas Dec 30, 2017
- Dec 29, 2017 Ep20 - Gin & Sloe Gin - 12 Foods of Christmas Dec 29, 2017
- Dec 24, 2017 Ep19 - Christmas Chutney - Twelve Foods of Christmas Dec 24, 2017
- Dec 20, 2017 Ep18 - Cheese - Twelve Foods of Christmas Dec 20, 2017
- Dec 17, 2017 Ep17 - Oranges - Twelve Foods of Christmas Dec 17, 2017
- Dec 15, 2017 Ep16 - Mulled Wine - Twelve Foods of Christmas Dec 15, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Ep15 - Christmas Goose - Twelve Foods of Christmas Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 13, 2017 Ep14 - Cinnamon - 12 Foods of Christmas Dec 13, 2017
- Dec 12, 2017 Ep13 - Cranberry Sauce - Twelve Foods of Christmas Dec 12, 2017
- Dec 10, 2017 Ep12 - Brussel Sprouts - Twelve Foods of Christmas Dec 10, 2017
- Dec 7, 2017 Ep11 - Mincemeat - Twelve Foods of Christmas by Smy Goodness Podcast Dec 7, 2017
- Nov 23, 2017 Ep10 - Plates and Platters with Tim Parker of You'll Soon Know on NTS Nov 23, 2017
- Oct 26, 2017 Ep9 - Anyone Sycophancy a Fig? Oct 26, 2017
- Sep 19, 2017 Ep8 - Dumplings with Peiran Gong and Tongtong Ren of Chinese Laundry Room Sep 19, 2017
- Aug 22, 2017 Ep7 - Bunches of Grapes Aug 22, 2017
- Aug 3, 2017 Ep6 - Ice Cream w/Tara Esperanza of T.O.I.C. - Tara's Organic Ice Cream Aug 3, 2017
- May 2, 2017 Ep5 - Pancakes & Creativity w/Aimee Furnival of Another Studio May 2, 2017
- Apr 18, 2017 Ep4 - Canapés w/Diana Pinkett of Vegan Peasant Catering Apr 18, 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017